Home General News Shared News Shared: Bike to work from Barrie to Collingwood and beyond by 2020
Shared: Bike to work from Barrie to Collingwood and beyond by 2020

Shared: Bike to work from Barrie to Collingwood and beyond by 2020

15
0

By 2020, Simcoe County residents will be able to bike to work, even if they live a township away.

Simcoe County will receive $1.6 million in grant funding from the Ontario Municipal Commuter Cycling Program to develop six projects that would allow residents to cycle between population centres.

The grant will cover 80 per cent of the development costs while the county would cover the remaining 20 per cent.

In total, the six trails would cost nearly $2.5 million, with $384,000 funded by the county.

Debbie Korolnek, general manager of engineering, planning and environment for the county, said the project would need to be completed by 2020.

“The biggest of those six projects is the Barrie-Collingwood railway,”…

Read Full Simcoe.com Story: Bike to work from Barrie to Collingwood and beyond by 2020

(15)

Leave a Reply

Shared: Bike to work from Barrie to Collingwood and beyond by 2020

0
%d bloggers like this: