Home General News Shared News Shared: Electrical fire leads to explosion at Port McNicoll home
Shared: Electrical fire leads to explosion at Port McNicoll home

Shared: Electrical fire leads to explosion at Port McNicoll home

7
0

An explosion caused by an electrical fire did significant damage to a Port McNicoll home on May 15.

The fire started in a residence on 7th Avenue and Assiniboia Street around 4:30 p.m.

“The fire did cause some oxygen cylinders to go off (and explode), but the fire wasn’t caused by the explosion,” said deputy fire Chief Shawn Aymer.

Everyone in the home managed to escape the blaze safely before the explosion occurred.

Crews from three of the four Tay Fire and Emergency Services department halls responded to the fire and battled it for nearly three hours.

“The house is still standing … some charring did get into the trusses. It is unknown whether or not insurance comes in and levels it or fixes it,” said…

Read Full Simcoe.com Story: Electrical fire leads to explosion at Port McNicoll home

(7)

Leave a Reply

Shared: Electrical fire leads to explosion at Port McNicoll home

0
%d bloggers like this: