Fire was bursting through the roof of a Port McNicoll bungalow Tuesday afternoon while Tay Township firefighters on oxygen maintained a steady stream of water on the home.
Before firefighters arrived, next door neighbour Pat Sutherland (who lives at 324 Assiniboia St.) said he looked out his back door and saw smoke coming around.
“Then I took a look and realized their garage was on fire. I tried to put it out with fire extinguishers but it was too much. I got the dogs out and we knew everybody was OK. There were people in the house,” he said.
Another neighbour called 911.
Sutherland said he heard popping noises which he figured were paint and aerosol cans exploding.
Another homeowner arrived on the scene at approximately 1:45…