For the first time in years, attendance has jumped in the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board.
Enrolment numbers show increases to both elementary and secondary schools.
Spokesperson Pauline Stevenson said an extra 229 students joined the elementary school system, while 55 extra students joined thh secondary system.
"This increase in enrolment has resulted in 20 new teaching positions," Stevenson said. "These increases can be attributed to a range of situations, including new housing development, shifting demographics, new and specialized programming as well as new employment/training opportunities at Canadian Forces Base Borden."
Not all schools saw growth, with many experiencing no change or declining numbers, she added.
Here's a list of the schools that did experience higher numbers:
• St. Noel Chabanel Catholic School in Wasaga Beach- 15 students
• Notre Dame Catholic School in Orillia – 12 students
• Father F.X. O'Reilly Catholic School in Tottenham – 45 students
• Our Lady of Grace Catholic School in Angus – 69 students
•St. Marie of the Incarnation Catholic School in Bradford West Gwillimbury – 81 students
• St. Angela Merici Catholic School in Bradford West Gwillimbury – 42 students
• The Good Shepherd Catholic School in Barrie – 18 students
• St. Peter's Catholic Secondary School in Barrie – 55 students
Shared Public Photo/News Source: Simcoe.com View Source